WORSHIP LEADER JOB SUMMARY
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministry of First Baptist Church of Essex, MD (FBCoE).
First Baptist Church Essex exist to Worship, Disciple and Serve all in the context of community!
The worship leader will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship leader will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship leader must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship leader is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of FBCoE.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader able to lead worship through singing, piano and/or guitar.
- A leader as well as a musician.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Pro Presenter, etc.
- Will recommend upgrades and other items needed for worship service as finances permit.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- To provide a blended worship experience on a weekly basis.
- To work closely with the pastor to insure the worship supports the overall mission of the church.
- To be in love with the mission of the church and the community surrounding the church.
- To develop the core teams that are necessary for effective worship
- To serve as an advisory member of the Church Leadership Team.
- To be involved in other ministry aspects of FBCoE as individual feels led.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of worship leader at FBCoE is a part time position. The perfect individual will not need to be micromanaged and will be responsible for setting their own schedule. Primary duties will occur on Sunday Mornings between the hours of 9:30-10:45 AM. Involvement in our summer children’s ministry KidsTown is preferred but not required. Practice during the week is expected, but set to the individual’s schedule.
To Apply Send Resume and a Philosophy of Worship to:
Rev. Kevin Gift
911 Mace Ave
Essex, MD 21221